The 6940 Type Interlock is one of the most recognized in the industry. The interlock prevents the opening of car and hoistway doors unless the car is within the landing zone and is either stopped or being stopped. Because the 6940 Type is still so common, UNITEC offers different options for its replacement and/or refurbishment.
- Complete 6940 Interlocks with or without a spirator are available at low prices.
- Spare parts are also available to fix as you go.
- Save money on labor by purchasing one of our 6940 labor saver kits.
- Rebuild kits (both full service and minimum rebuilds) are available as well to provide the essential items required to refurbish existing locks.
- UNITEC also offers unlocking devices which can be added to any 6940 system.
Complete sets with or without reel closers are available, as are replacement assemblies. Adaptor plates are also available (separately) to help adapt newer version 6940 Interlocks to the earlier vintage lock bolt pattern.
- Left hand to right hand
- E6940AP1 - Right hand center opening with spirator closer
- E6940AP2 - Right hand with spirator closer
- E6940AP3 - Left hand with spirator closer
- E6940AP4 - Left hand center opening with spirator closer
- E6940AP5 - Right hand center opening with short roller - for tight running clearances
- E6940AP6 - Right hand with short roller - for tight running clearances
- E6940AP7 - Left hand with short roller - for tight running clearances
- E6940AP8 - Left hand center opening interlock with short roller - for tight running clearances
- B6940BG1 - Right hand without spirator closer
- B6940BG2 - Left hand without spirator closer
- B6940BG3 - Right hand without spirator closer with short roller - for tight running clearances
- B6940BG4 - Left hand without spirator closer - with short roller - for tight running clearances
- AAA6940CC400 - UNITEC 84-96” Unlocking kit
- AAA6940BZ3 - Right hand car door vane for 6940AP/BG locks - latest ANSI code shortened unlocking zone version
- AAA6940BZ4 Left hand car door vane for 6940AP/BG locks - latest ANSI code shortened unlocking zone version
- AAA306RE1 - 6940 Hall door lock studded mounting adapter plate
- B6940AN1 Spirator closer with bracket - (Just flip reel around with retaining ring removal) Left hand to right hand
Get like-new lock without the cost of new locks! Replace only the parts that wear and save time, money and effort. There are just 4 bolts standing between you and an interlock refresh!
Making the Old - Like New! Rebuild kits are available for Otis 6940 Interlocks of all vintages from 1962 to present. There are full service kits as well as the basic, most economical option.
When installing 6940 Interlocks on floors where they were not present previously, you may be required to add an additional unlocking device. We have kits for both standard 7-foot entrances as well as high 8-foot openings.
UNITEC is beginning to introduce a database of "related items" for some of our parts. The first item is the 306FM1 shorting bar for the 6940 Interlock latch. Here you may find other items that you need, related to this.
Our Interlock catalog has a picture index at the beginning of it, which can be very helpful in identifying the type of Interlock on the job. You can find many of these items in our Parts Warehouse.
Other locks? No problem.
You can rebuild you OVL and NG locks with one of our rebuild kits.